Monday, October 4, 2010

Initial Impressions


                   Four years ago was when I really became engrossed in the concept of design.  I noticed it everywhere, from hotel bathrooms to billboards along the 405 and the 210 freeways’.  I love unique designs and new ways of thinking.  I appreciate people who go against the grain, and battle social conventions.  I was in heaven when I walked into the store, "Hall of Fame" on Fairfax boulevard in Los Angeles, California (above).  It was a very simplistic boutique that was sleek and hard at the same time.  The wood floor is always so shiny that it resembles marble, and the iron staircase and upper floor suggests modern architecture.  I love the back wall display, which displays an array of hats in a glass enclosure, and the granite check out block is a thing of beauty.  Every time I make a purchase, I feel like it’s a block of ice I put my money upon.  I like to shop as an experience; most times I enjoy the visual over the material I may have just purchased.  Another store's interior design that I am enamored with is "The Hundreds" store on Post Street in San Francisco, California (below).  I have never been inside but I have read about it, and seen many pictures and it looks great.  From the bombproof front door, to the reflecting water look, it is a really great interior.  I hope some day that I can put the images on my mind into real physical entities, ranging nightclubs to my family's backyard.  When I do, I want all of you to experience it, appetizers and cocktails on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment