Monday, November 1, 2010

OBJECTIFIED


Objectified was an eye-opening film for me.  I really enjoyed the parts about the chair designs and Jonathan Ive from APPLE.  As I was viewing this film it re-instilled in me that I want to be a designer.  I enjoyed the design process from ideas to realization and then improving the existing model.  I admire the idea that was stated in the film that the best design is the simple design.  The idea that its functionality is based on what’s not noticed, but aids the consumer while using the product.  It was also interesting to see how small adjustments could help he overall function of a product.  For example, the hedge cutters and the handles were slightly manipulated to make it easier to hold.  The whole piece on APPLE was very interesting.  I liked how it was stated that APPLE is one company who really cares about design and lets that show through many facets, such as store and product design.  Jonathan Ive was interesting as he explained how different products were made and the small subtleties of the macbook.  I really took note of his statement that “indicators should not be visible when they are not indicating something.” That quote stood out to me because it is so true but I never thought about it that way before.  I lie how APPLE ease of use without compromising the aesthetic of the product and the comfort the consumer experiences when using an APPLE product.  I would recommend the film, “OBJECTIFIED” to anyone has ever felt creative or felt the need to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment